May has been an intense month. After the highs earlier this month with the small batch assembly, an unfortunate combination of matters has forced us to update our estimated delivery date to July.
Here’s a close up look of the final sample of temperature sensor sent to us for approval before production earlier this month.
Meh, I know, it’s a bummer.
We apologize for letting you down, but implementing the feedback we got from the test assembly took longer than anticipated - I’ll explain in more detail further below.
The good news is that 60% of our listed components have already arrived and are fine. It’s the other 40% that we had comments on from the test assembly, which we need to make sure they have been taken into account before our suppliers make tons of them. We need to do this necessary, but tricky step of moving from 95% to 100% in order to make Codlo top quality.
Thanks for your patience with us this month, we know we’re a few days later from our usual punctual end of the month updates. We promised your wait is worthwhile though, given all the great progress this month.
How’s March been? I hope yours was great and less bumpy than ours!
The Codlo team’s mood have been really volatile just in the last few days, here’s more on what happened.
We hope you’d a great Valentines day cooking something awesome for your special someone. It’s time for our usual monthly updates!
I hope 2014 is coming along great so far. This month’s theme at Codlo HQ is mostly about process and logistics.
Sous-vide used to be intimidating because you're just never sure what time and temperature to cook something for it to be amazing. There just wasn't any super handy reference guide all in one place that you can have a quick check now and then.
Our founder, Grace studied, experimented and consolidated all her sous-vide learnings into 7 epic infographics, just for you! These are excerpts from Codlo's Sous-Vide Guide & Recipe Book, which is free to download here.
Happy cooking and sharing!
We hope you’re well and have not devoured your Sous Vide guidebook all in one sitting - although many of you have sheepishly messaged us about that! Not that it’s a bad thing :D
This month’s schedule is crazier than usual given our deadlines and the upcoming holidays. We experienced a couple of highs and lows in the process that we wanted to share with you:
We hope you’re well, all geared up for the upcoming festive season and the general end of the year winding down. It has been a crazy busy month for us with lots of stories and progress to share with you:
Fresh out of the oven: Codlo’s ultimate sous-vide recipe guide is already in your inbox!
You may have recalled from last month’s update that Antony, our book designer, was ill but recovering, but he was still in no condition to continue his work. Given the time left, we decided to take matters in our own hands. But... we've never dealt with Adobe InDesign before ourselves.
Here's where Xi is an absolute star. He rose to the occasion, picked up InDesign in lightning speed to complete and finalise the design of the book you see in your inbox today. Writing the book is just 1/3 of the challenge. Design and editing equally took up tons of effort and Xi not only contributed his design and photography skills, but also helped loads in reviewing and editing of the book - the book wouldn’t have been so awesome without him!
October has been a manic month, but lots of progress on various workstreams to share with you. Let’s dive into it right away!
Codlo’s rice cooker is here, and we’re upgrading it for you for free!
Our rice cooker sample finally arrived - check it out! For those who followed us on Facebook, Google+ or Twitter, you may have already seen it earlier last week.
Oooh, by the way, we’re also upgrading the cooker from 2.2L to 2.5L (15 cups) for all our backers, for FREE! A little more space means more yummy sous-vide cooking!
The dark, matte exterior will nicely match any Codlo colour you’ve chosen. This is pretty much how the final version of the rice cooker would look, we just have a couple of tiny tweaks in design to incorporate in the final version.